Monday, January 11, 2016

Get Rejected for Cabin Crew Interview

“I don’t understand why I got rejected. What did I do wrong?” 
I’ve been there. As I mentioned in my first post, I was rejected 14 times by many different airlines. There isn’t a simple answer to why I get rejected. I also don’t bother asking the airlines because I know they won’t give you their reasons for not selecting you. 
Even thought I was rejected 14 times but I never give up. The most important thing is that I don't give up. The road to becoming cabin crew is often long with lots of twists and turns on the way. Realistically, it may take six attempts and maybe more. 
Based on the research, on average only 2% of cabin crew will get a job after just one assessment day. Competition is very fierce and the airlines get thousand of applications every week. For example for one recruitment drive for a major airline in Europe, they received over 75,000 applications in a month, in which 800 were asked to assessment days and those only 120 were actually taken on for a 6 month contract. Even after that, half of those crew left after 6 months failed training or just didn't meet the grade.
Cabin crew is not like a normal job, where there are just a handful of applicants and it is a job for life, everyone need to work hard to get the job.  So, the important thing to do after rejection is not to lose hope and PREPARE! Lift your head up and keep trying again and again. Don’t ever give up. Believe it or not; your “acceptance letter” will come sooner than you’d hoped.
In my next few posts, I will write about my experiences and interview process which I had attended with different airlines such as Firefly, Malindo, Air Asia, Qatar, Singapore Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, and Eagle Express.



No comments:

Post a Comment